Sunday, 17 May 2020

ICM 1:72 Ural 4320 army truck - load bed and wheels.

The load bed, made up from 13 parts, presented few problems. There was a little filling to do one the cab end, but that might have been down to my own ineptitude rather than the kit design.


It was first given a coat of Tamiya fine suface primer, then the main body colour was airbrushed on. The instructions suggest Humbrol Khaki Drab for the body, I'm not too keen on Humbrol acrylics so after a quick look at my paint charts I used the Vallejo equivalent, which is 924 Russian Uniform WW2, thinned with Vallejo's own airbrush thinners. A clothes peg on a mudgaurd made a good painting handle, the mudgaurds being finished by brush in Phoenix Precision Dirty Black. The final job was to paint the lights orange and red.


Here it is in place;


Its not yet fixed to the chassis, that will be done at the end.

Each wheel is made up from 3 parts, and to paint them I held each one on a coctail stick;


I made up a simple stand from offcuts of wood, which was used not only to hold the wheels for drying but also the chassis by its handle. Again I used Vallejo paint and thinners for the main (tyre) colour, in this case 866 Green Grey which is the equivalent of the suggested Humbrol Matt Dark Grey. Hubs were finished by hand in dirty black.

Cab next.

Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments but please note that due to spam issues they are subject to moderation and therefore unlikely to appear immediately. Don't let that put you off though.
Spam never gets published but does make me laugh! Anonymous comments don't get published either.
If you're an engineering company trying to use this blog for free advertising, ask yourself this. What have you got to offer me in return for having your website link published?
And whilst your reading this, everything I post is subject to copyright.