Today I did something that I should have done a long time ago, that is I paid another visit to the delightful Steeple Grange Light Railway, located near Wirkswirth in Derbyshire. The last time I visited was back in 2017, so I was long overdue a return visit!
There are two lines, mainline and branch, and my £6 ticket allowed me to ride both. First of all I rode the branch. This is a short line into a quarry, and at the end we were treated to a talk about the limestone quarrying. Here's the train at the end of the branch, two rude trolleys topped and tailed by battery locos;
On returning to the main station I had time to talk to one of the volunteers and photograph their Ruston and some of their ex-mining stock;
I was the only passenger on the main line, accompanied by a few volunteers. I have to say that this is a very pretty and well kept line.
At the end I was given a little history lesson, and then it was time to return to the station;
On return to the station I snapped this little battery loco;
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave comments but please note that due to spam issues they are subject to moderation and therefore unlikely to appear immediately. Don't let that put you off though.
Spam never gets published but does make me laugh! Anonymous comments don't get published either.
If you're an engineering company trying to use this blog for free advertising, ask yourself this. What have you got to offer me in return for having your website link published?
And whilst your reading this, everything I post is subject to copyright.