The whistle on my TWK1 leaked steam, badly. On stripping it down I noticed that the spring sitting up on the crimped end of the inner shaft, extending the spring and therefore losing some of its compression and weakening the seal. The solution was to fit a 1.5mm C clip on the shaft, helping to compress the spring and making sure that it sat properly on the shaft;
I also fitted a new O ring to the whistle, 2mm i/d x 1.5mm cross section.
Now the whistle no longer leaks and the engine steams quite happily.
I've also fitted a new aftermarket scuttle;
Job done. Now I can think about paint.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave comments but please note that due to spam issues they are subject to moderation and therefore unlikely to appear immediately. Don't let that put you off though.
Spam never gets published but does make me laugh! Anonymous comments don't get published either.
If you're an engineering company trying to use this blog for free advertising, ask yourself this. What have you got to offer me in return for having your website link published?
And whilst your reading this, everything I post is subject to copyright.