Sunday, 25 May 2025

SM32 Harvest Trucks - finishing off

For the finish I used Citadel's Agrax Earthshade (used to be Devlan Mud), applied in a couple of washes, to give the waggons a dirty peat-stained look.


The ironwork is my usual Vallejo Grey-Black.


Couplings are made from 1mm brass rod soldered to pads made from scrap etch then chemically blackened.


And that's it for these two. A nice simple project, and a nod towards Brian and his Saltford Models range which gave me so much pleasure back when I modelled in 16mm. They're also a good counterpoint to my 006 work being less exacting and a lot more chunky!
I don't have a garden railway (apart from the occasional temporary line using plastic Faller track) so I might just use them for storing pine cones and pin badges;


A couple more are planned in due course.

Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments but please note that due to spam issues they are subject to moderation and therefore unlikely to appear immediately. Don't let that put you off though.
Spam never gets published but does make me laugh! Anonymous comments don't get published either.
If you're an engineering company trying to use this blog for free advertising, ask yourself this. What have you got to offer me in return for having your website link published?
And whilst your reading this, everything I post is subject to copyright.